Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WHO BROKE OPEN MY COMPOUND WALLS

Listen
I have not walked into
anyone’s net stream of life
not haunted anyone
not even traveled in clouds to find
what in store on the sealed
compound walls
of my neighbor’s house..
Listen again
I have not broken any rules
or sliced another human
in lenses of demerit
and I am sure
I have not thrown casket full
of colors on anyone first.
Listen
It is you who broke open
my boundary walls and marched
inside ransacking my life’s little
precious things while i was
in my evening prayer hall
It is you who landed there
without asking for a permission
in writing.
And I don’t understand
on what basis you paste
endless placards even now
on my earthen walls
asking me to move away….
Let me ask you now
in an unbroken rhythm
Who has moved in my boundaries??
Who broke open my boundary walls??
Genuinely
you owe me an answer…

No comments:

Post a Comment